How Solar Attic Fans Work
By harnessing the power of the sun, Solar Star Attic Fans cost nothing to operate and are virtually maintenance-free. They require no electrical wiring, making the fans easy to install and maintain. Solar Attic Fans prevent heat and moisture from reaching critical levels so your attic stays cool and dry. As a result, you get greater comfort, lower utility bills and prolonged roof life. As the leader in solar-powered attic ventilation systems, Solar Star offers technologically advanced and eco-friendly solutions that deliver comfort and peace of mind.
Solar Attic Fans Protect Your Home
Heat and moisture are your enemies when it comes to your home. Solar Star Attic Fans neutralize moisture and drive out heat, keeping your home cool in summer and protecting it from harm during the winter.
Summer means longer days, more sun, and warmer temperatures. If heat isn’t vented from your attic properly, it builds up and causes problems in your home:
- Living spaces become hot and uncomfortable
- Air conditioning units work harder to keep rooms cool
- Utility costs rise due to increased energy demand
- Roof structures and materials deteriorate
A Solar Star Attic Fan helps to solve these problems by removing excess heat from your home, giving you a more comfortable interior and lower energy bills.
Protection Through the Winter
With winter comes ice, snow, and cold temperatures. When coupled with excess humidity from showers, humidifiers, and dishwashers, it can lead to:
- Leaks and structural decay triggered by ice buildup on your roof
- Damage to insulation and framing materials produced by moisture accumulation
- Weakening of internal structures caused by mold and fungus growth
A Solar Star Attic Fan helps to prevent these potentially disastrous issues by equalizing interior and exterior temperatures, safeguarding your home.
Benefits of Solar Attic Fans
- Lower air-conditioning cost by 5-10% by eliminating hot air trapped in attic spaces
- Keep moisture from damaging insulation
- Prevent mold and mildew growth
- Take advantage of solar incentives (30% Federal tax credit)
- Does not add to your electric bill like a conventional attic fan (saves $15-$20 a month)