Solar Technician/Lead Solar Technician
Renu Energy Solutions is currently looking to hire a Solar Technician and a Lead Solar Technician in our Charlotte, NC office.
Renu Energy Solutions is looking for smart, hard working employees who are looking to grow a career in the renewable energy and energy efficiency business.
- Installation of solar hot water panels and solar electric panels on residential and light commercial roofs
- Assisting Solar Installation Managers in completing solar energy system installations
- Install solar panels on residential
- Install roof railings and stand offs
- Properly flash and seal all roof penetrations
- Adhere to collector configuration for solar array
- Clean job site when completed
- Installation of daylighting systems and other related solar and energy saving products
- Local travel required to and from jobs
- Reliable transportation required to get to and from each office
- Occasional overnight travel may be required for larger multi-day jobs
- Adherence to Renu Energy Solutions quality standards
- Adherence to Renu Energy Solutions safety standards
- Adherence to Renu Energy Solutions aesthetic and system performance standards
- Minimum of three years of remodeling, home building, contracting, carpentry, HVAC installations/service
- Desire to get into renewable energy industry and build a career with a regional solar leader
- Pride in your work
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a rapidly growing business environment
- A 2 year degree is preferred but not required
- High School diploma is required
- Drug testing
- Clean driving record
- Clean criminal background
Renu Energy Solutions offers a fun, high energy and professional work environment where career growth is expected for strong performers. We are growing rapidly in the North Carolina and South Carolina markets and hope that you can be part of our team. New employees have classroom and field training in the first 30 days and all tools and safety gear are provided.
Come join a winning team at Renu Energy Solutions! If interested, send your resume and cover letter to: careers@
Senior PV Designer
The position of Senior PV Designer consists attending to all matters involved with design of Solar PV systems for residential buildings. The Senior PV Designer will work directly under the lead Residential PV Design Specialist and is expected to show competency in using drafting software and possess basic understanding of electrical design and concepts. This position is for an experienced CAD Drafter to aid in the preparation and development of our solar projects, including sales drawings, permit drawings and other designs. An Ideal candidate should have extensive CAD experience with solar designs, NABCEP certification is a plus. This position involves working closely with a cross functional operations team as well as electrical and or structural engineers, and project managers.
Full-time (40 hours/week) position that will require working in the office daily. Other duties:
- Manage line of communication between client and lead residential PV design specialist;
- Use CAD software to support engineers by preparing drawings, sketches and diagrams
- Draft working drawings, create module layouts, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications, solar racking components, as required for instructions to installation crew;
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions;
- Measure factors that affect installation and arrangement of equipment, such as the modules and the balance of system;
- Prepare and interpret specifications, electrical calculations, total array area(s), and other factors that are directly related to the scope of work;
- Maintain current knowledge of the NEC and all building codes applicable for proper solar system and structural design;
- Aid technicians
- Analyze collected information for project designs
- Develop design concepts by working from notes, sketches, standards, and design criteria as well as from oral instruction and discussion with operations staff
- Assist engineers with design and detailing of various components, including structures for horizontal and vertical layout.
- Provide drafting and other support to engineering staff, including preparation of cost estimates.
- Prepare preliminary and final construction drawings for solar plans
- Prepare alignments, plans and profiles
- Adhere to requirements and meeting standards as well as providing guidance to other technicians
- Work in a collaborative environment and actively participating in designing and completing a design accordingly.
Qualifications and requirements
- High School Diploma;
- Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Science or Technology (Preferred);
- Ability to give full attention to project details, and to use logic and reason to create solar energy system layouts and schematics;
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
To apply: If interested, send your resume and cover letter to: careers@
The solar PV electrical team lead plans, installs and services light commercial and residential PV systems, energy storage, data collection systems, and assists with other efficiency and backup generator projects. Major areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Review of site surveys and permit plan sets in preparation for installation;
- Perform and supervise the safe installation solar electric system components to Code;
- Coordinate with roof teams and operations to provide an excellent customer experience and a quality installation.
- Specific responsibilities of the role:
- Follow electrical line diagrams and equipment specifications to install high quality photovoltaic (PV) systems correctly and in an efficient manner;
- Adhere to project designs, requirements and best practices to ensure quality and code compliance;
- Maintain an organized work truck and maintain tools/equipment;
- Maintain truck inventory and advise stock levels and procurement;
- Upgrade existing electrical equipment and services on residential and commercial job sites;
- Prepare job preparation and completion reports.
Minimum role requirements:
- An excellent attitude and a drive to problem-solve;
- Valid state issued driver’s license, clean driving record and access to reliable transportation;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and an excellent work ethic;
- Ability to work on rooftops, ladders, attics, crawl spaces and confined spaces safely;
- Demonstrated ability to pick up and carry heavy objects;
- General knowledge of home construction, building materials, workplace safety, fall protection, and OSHA safety standards;
- Maintain a clean workspace and jobsite;
- Take pride in performing installations in a workmanlike manner – for yourself, the client, and the company;
- Desire to learn and grow in a rapidly developing industry;
- Basic computer skills.
Preferred Candidates possess:
- Documented OSHA training and certifications;
- (Lead) Direct solar PV experience with referrals;
- (Lead) NABCEP entry level;
- Experience working with EMT, DC wiring, AC wiring and sensitive electronic equipment;
- Degree program or advanced certification education;
- Data networking skills and experience;
- An ability to provide excellent client service;
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
All candidates must pass a criminal background check and pass a drug screening.
To apply: If interested, send your resume and cover letter to: careers@